Regional Tax and Compliance Accountant
- Senior level opportunity
- Provide advice to management relating to impact of tax liabilities and corporate strategies, together with impact of new tax laws
- Responsible for training and development of local teams
- West African focus
Are you a dedicated and professional individual? Would you like to work with one of the best performing global mining services providers?
About Capital Limited
Capital Limited, a publicly listed Company on the London Stock Exchange, is an emerging and developing markets focused drilling and mining services company that provides a complete range of drilling and mining services and can support projects from initial exploration phase through to full-scale production.
We are an organisation committed to embracing and developing a diverse workforce, supporting you to develop and realise your full potential.
We have an immediate requirement for an experienced, motivated and professional Regional Tax and Compliance Accountant for the West African market.
The Regional Tax & Compliance Accountant is accountable for the administrative and tax matters and training and development of local teams, including advising the management team on the impact of tax liabilities and corporate strategies or new tax laws, in a timely manner.
This is a unique and senior level opportunity, working for a company with a clear vision.
- Ensure all statutory and taxation submissions, payments and audits are completed, including non-financial reporting for West Africa.
- Management of all Corporate Governance to ensure compliance with both statutory and best practice obligations.
- Management of all indirect taxation planning and allocation to deliver operational and financial efficiency.
- Ensure that all company accounting procedures are adhered to and are compliant with all relevant Government and Statutory Acts and Regulations.
- Report any breaches in compliance, particularly with all statutory requirements and company procedures.
- Provide support with tax audits and disputes, liaising and maintaining a good relationship with in-country advisors and the tax administration.
- Work directly with the teams in West Africa to provide support related to tax, compliance, audit, and all other finance tasks as required.
- Review work undertaken by local finance teams and provide feedback/assist with corrections as necessary.
- Provide support during the End of Month process, including reconciliation of tax provisions and calculation of Corporate Income Tax and other tax liabilities.
- Act as a liaison between the West Africa teams and the corporate team in relation to tax and compliance matters.
- Take ownership of the tax management including filing preparation.
- A degree in Accounting or a master’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- A professional qualification (or working towards) in the field of Accounting/ Internal Auditing would be an advantage
- Practical courses relating to Tax and Compliance in West Africa would be an advantage
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the field of Accounting/ Finance or Auditing
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the mining or manufacturing industry
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior/leadership role
- Working experience in West African region is a must
- Experience working with foreign multi-national enterprises
- Knowledge and experience with ERP systems
- Strong leadership and self-organisation skills
- Effective communication skills, both English and French would be an advantage
- Ability to work autonomously, use initiative and be proactive
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and a pragmatic approach to work
- Excel knowledge (advance level)
- Time management skills
- Must be willing to undertake frequent travel throughout West Africa
This is a hands-on role, expected to lead by example, with a competitive remuneration package to be offered to prospective candidates for this position.
To send applications or seek further information: WAF.HR@capdrill.com
The Company reserves the right:
- To contact only the best qualified candidates to participate in the selection exercise.
- Not to make any appointment following this advertisement.